The New Jersey Cheerleading
Sun National Bank Center (formerly Sovereign Bank Arena)
Trenton, NJ (Directions)
Sunday, March 6, 2016
- The Competition will be held at
Sun National Bank Center (formerly Sovereign Bank Arena), Trenton, NJ on Sunday, March 6, 2016. The competition will start approximately at 9:00 am.
- To allow us to prepare for warm-up and performance times, registrations will not be accepted after the postmarked date of January 26, 2016. No exceptions.
- Cheer teams will have the option to choose between a SPRING FLOOR and a standard Cheerleading Floor (Both 54 x42) Please complete the form.
- Due to liability issues the use of designated spotters for cheer teams is not an option.
- Alternate judging will be used for all divisions.
- The warm-up time will be 4 minutes for both the tumbling mat and performance mat.
- Performance times will be posted online after the mandatory coaches meetings.
- NJCDCA will be selling t-shirts on a pre order basis only. There will be a limited number of t-shirts available the day of the competition. This will eliminate the expense of leftover shirts and to make sure all cheerleaders can get their correct size. Please complete the form.
- Please be aware that there is no videotaping allowed in Sun National Bank Center whether by video camera, phone, etc.. A professional videographer will be providing same day instant DVD's for purchase as well as action shots.
- We encourage any and all coaches to submit the names of qualified judges to Donna Maher for consideration to judge our State Championship.
All Member teams are $175 for each team
All Non-Member teams are $225 for each team
Make checks payable to NJCCA
Deadlines & Late Fees:
The complete application which includes
Must be postmarked on or before January 16, 2016.
Any application postmarked after January 16, 2016 will be charged a late fee of $100 per team.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 26, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS.
NO CERTIFIED MAIL. IF OVERNIGHTING, PLEASE WAIVE THE SIGNATURE.
WHEN SENDING PO'S, PLEASE SEND A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.
All fees are non refundable. No fees or forms will be collected the day of the competition. All coaches are responsible for completing all forms. No phone calls will be made to inform you of missing items.
Each team must mail with their application a certificate of insurance naming the NJCDCA and Sun National Bank Center as the additional insured. If you fail to do so, you will not be able to participate. NO CERTIFICATES WILL BE ACCEPTED the day of competition and verbal authorization is not acceptable.
Liability Release Forms:
All participants must submit the enclosed liability release form before they are permitted to compete. It is the responsibility of the coach to copy one for each participant and submit them along with the entry packet.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX LIABILITY FORMS. THEY SHOULD BE MAILED OR BROUGHT TO ONE OFTHE MANDATORY COACHES MEETINGS.
- CHEER/DANCE - 2 ½ minutes maximum.
- ALL MUSIC DIVISION - 2 ½ minutes maximum all music
- Dance- 3 minute maximum performed entirely to music
- A 5-point penalty will be assessed for any overtime.
Rules & Penalties:
- Coaches will not be permitted to speak to the safety judges before their performance time
- All safety questions must be sent to the Safety Committee at least one week before the competition.
- 36 member maximum per team except for all-girl varsity divisions
- National Federation Interscholastic Spirit Association rules and regulations, including the 2015-2016 revisions, with the exception of the use of a spring floor, will be strictly enforced.
- A 1 point deduction will be deducted for minor infractions (NFHS Rule 2- Section 1 General and Section 3 Apparel/Accessories) and a 5 point penalty will be deducted for each infraction ( all other sections) including stepping off the mat and exceeding the time limit. www.nfhs.org
- Alternate team members and coaches sitting on the competition floor may not say the words with the team
- Team trophies awarded will be contingent upon the number of entries in each division.
- The entire varsity cheer/dance division will be ranked according to their respective state group according to the NJSIAA General Classification. Click the following link to find your school's group . Search | NJSIAA.
- Banners will be awarded to division and group champions in the varsity cheer/dance and all music divisions only.
- The top ranked squads in the Varsity cheer/dance division will compete for a State Group Title. Click here for the GROUP CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
- AGAIN THIS YEAR! The All Music team with the highest overall score among the small, large and coed all music teams will receive a trophy and banner.
Mandatory Coaches Meeting:
A mandatory coaches meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 10 or Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 6:30 pm at David Brearley High School, Kenilworth. (Directions).
At this meeting coaches will receive their packets of information including their warm-up and performance times.
DIVISIONS CANNOT BE CHANGED ONCE THE FIRST MEETING TAKES PLACE.
Each team must have at least one coach attend either of the meetings.
You only need to attend one meeting.
We suggest that you have a backup/ contingency plan because if any team does not have a coach or a representative for the team present (no students allowed) you will not be permitted to compete. No Exceptions! If you have another coach/ representative pick up your packet you are still responsible for all information presented at this meeting.
We request that you hold your questions until the meeting so that everyone receives the same information.
If there is an emergency you can call
Kimberly McGowan (908-499-2245) or
Pat DePalma (
You may also e-mail either one of us (please not both) at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduled Start Times:
- Doors will open at 1 and 1/2 hours before the scheduled start times for team and 1 hour ahead for the spectators.
- Middle School and HS JV Division will be in the morning followed by Varsity Cheer Divisions followed by the Recreation & Dance Divisions.
- Wristbands will be distributed to participants and coaches only.
- Only team members and coaches with wristbands will be free.
- Only 2 coaches and the maximum number of team members allowed in each division will be admitted free with wristbands.
- Admissions are $18 per person.
- $10 for students with School ID ONLY (No other forms of ID will be accepted)
- 5 and under free!
- Score sheets will be available immediately after the competition.
- Concessions will be available.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the SNBC.
- The NJCDCA or The SNBC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please hold all questions for the mandatory meeting. If it is an emergency, you can call Kimberly McGowan (908-499-2245) or Pat DePalma (
<Top of the page>
To enter, print your forms and
send them with your fees to:
NJCDCA State Championship
47 Highfield Road
Colonia, NJ 07067
Make checks payable to: NJCCA
E-mail questions to:
Competition Check List
- Entry fees
- Registration forms
- Insurance certificate
- Liability release form
(one for each participant)
- Floor selection form
- T-shirt order form
PLEASE NOTE: NJCDCA from time to time produces promotional material relating to its programs. As a participant and/or a spectator at the Event, teams or individuals may be included in videotapes, photographs, DVD’s, and video casts taken during the Event to be used for promotional and commercial purposes.
Cheer & Dance State Championship T-shirt
NJ State High School Cheerleading and Dance Championships
t-shirt will be available for Pre-Order.
Please note the following:
1. Please use the Team Tally Form to send in with your payment. Do not send Individual Order Form
This form has been included here to assist you in getting orders for your team.
2. Please make your check payable to NJCCA. A school check, or an individual check from one coach is allowed. Please do not send multiple checks.
3. There is a strict deadline of February 6 for all orders. No pre-orders will be accepted after this date.
4. All pre-ordered t-shirts will be available for pick up at either one of the Mandatory Coaches' Meetings.
Get Shot By Brian
Team & Action Photographs
We will have multiple viewing stations setup, where within minutes of the Team's routine ending, they can come over, chose their pictures and have them printed out on our professional quality, dye sub, printers, shortly after the order is placed.
For more information or to order after the event,
SEVideo has 20+ years of Cheerleading experience including many Pop Warner, All-Star and National Events. All Cheerleading events are digitally recorded using 3-chip cameras. Each event has its own Custom designed order forms and DVD packaging.
NEW THIS YEAR! Video on Demand!!!
We will be offering Video-On-Demand for this event. Within 48 hours of the event, all of the routines will be offered online in HD for RENT or PURCHASE. Here is the link to the VOD page for your event: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/njcdca2015
We will also be offering our On-the-Spot DVDs and spectators and coaches can order at the event or online here: http://sevideo.biz/catalog/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=499
1. Disc on the Spot!! Purchase an instant DVD of each routine performed.
2.Special Team DVD Packages! Full team orders for $14 a DVD- that's a 53% savings!!!
3. Session & Full Day DVD's can be ordered
4. All Major Credit Cards accepted
6. Professional & Courteous Staff
7. Routine Replay for cheerleaders
Visit SE Video today! https://www.sevideo.biz/cheer.html
Click below for
the Team DVD Packages!!
2015 Cheer Team Packages30-14
2015 NJCDCA Order form